Our Cultivating Allyship program help individuals to become aware of their own position, and move forward with a broader understanding and appreciation of allyship. We explore the myth of meritocracy, the explicit and implicit systemic barriers facing people of diverse backgrounds. Participants will consider the privilege they carry, understand how bias perpetuates systems that holds people back, and look outside their field of experience to understand and empathise with those who are not afforded the same privileges.
Today’s leaders need to be inclusive and informed to lead diverse teams. This doesn’t just happen – it requires understanding, empathy, best-practice knowledge and commitment to get there. With Cultivating Allyship, employees and leaders can understand how to play a role in creating psychologically-safe environments where people are able to engage in productive dialogues around diversity and inclusion, and bring their best selves to work.
Cultivating Allyship also acts as a continuation of our Better TogetHER, a free, online program created to educate, support and empower individuals in their allyship practices.
Who it’s for
- Businesses looking to empower their people with a deeper understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI), and equip them with the tools, knowledge and buy-in towards meaningful, practical allyship. This learning experience is open for people at all levels of the organisation, no matter seniority of role, helping them to recognise when they have power and influence, when they can best act as an ally, and learn how to take effective action to make their workplace better.
- This program is particularly targeted at men, equipping them with a deeper understanding of male privilege, and how to take action to advance gender equity. However, this program is open to people from all genders, and mixed participation often leads to rich conversations coming from lived experience.
The business case for getting inclusivity right is hard to dispute. But despite best efforts, organisations still struggle to achieve a truly inclusive, bias-free workplace. We know that for diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) initiatives to be successful, we need everyone to be involved.
Cultivating Allyship extends beyond good intentions. How inclusive is your culture, your leaders and your structures? The Cultivating Allyship Program assesses potential barriers and opportunities in a three-phased, holistic way, to maximise on-the-ground buy-in, practical uptake and effectiveness.
Conducted across 4x modules, this workshop series includes:
- Pre and post-program surveys.
- Internal communication strategy co-design
- Content development and facilitation, incl. accountability frameworks
The Dream Collective tailors learning modules to each client according to client priorities and participants’ baseline knowledge, maximising effectiveness of the learning experience. Content may include:
- Let’s Get Honest
- – The business case for diversity, equity and inclusion + key findings from The Dream Collective Gender Allyship Survey 2021
- – Allyship fundamentals including 6 principles of allyship
- – Systemic barriers to equality
- Speak up & Allyship Mindset
- – Identifying blindspots: Biases, privilege and meritocracy
- – Closing the “Us vs Them” gap
- – Interactive exercise: “True or false” using anonymised responses
- Expanding opportunities
- – Creating psychologically safe environments
- – Conducting brave and inclusive conversations
- – Interactive exercise: Courageous conversations in action
- Change Systems
- – Mentorship vs sponsorship
- – Inclusive group meeting best-practice
- – Personalised action roadmap
Participants learn about barriers to inclusion, and how diversity, equity and inclusion relates to their role and leadership effectiveness. They will also learn how to:
- Identify and mitigate personal biases
- Navigate sensitive topics with empathy
- Continue practicing outside of the training environment
Looking to explore The Dream Collective’s allyship training? Trial our content and experience through our free online gender allyship program,
All employees receive 3-month access to the program, including fireside discussions with real-life allies. Using the insights gathered during Better TogetHER, we’ll customise your Cultivating Allyship program, designed to drive deeper engagement and action.
Trusted by world-leading brands
Hear from other leaders that have walked the path with us
Learning & Development Manager, en world JapanThank you for another wonderful workshop! The energy was inspirational, and you could feel the leadership confidence in the room growing and growing. Always awesome to work with The Dream Collective as we strive to make a more inclusive environment that ensures anyone from any background can thrive and succeed.
eBusiness Implementation Manager , ComputershareI came with a demotivated approach to my leadership style and how I had been performing, having not been challenged for a while except with workload. Day 2 was an invigorating day with exceptional speakers who woke 'ME' up and cleared my head.
Media Account Manager, Zenith MediaIt was such a great experience, I was really inspired to meet so many fantastic women and participate in some really thought provoking and challenging workshops. I think that all of the events were excellent. Particular highlights were absolutely the dinner with a mentor which was so so so valuable and the workshop intensives.
Senior Account Manager, Canon AustraliaThis was the best training experience I have been to because we not only learnt some invaluable lessons from a personal perspective, we also learnt how to pass this on to our teams, whilst forging some really great relationships/contacts along the way. I really enjoyed having different presenters for each think tank - particularly as each of them were really engaging and practical.
Marketing Director, APN OutdoorThe program was well-balanced, inspiring, great selection of speakers and the dinner with a mentor was a brilliant opportunity to meet and ask questions of inspiring women in leadership. Meeting the amazing cohort of women - we had a terrific group and I learnt a lot from each of them, connected with lots of them and feel like I have come away with an inspiring network of even more women. The panel was so good and the little nuggets of gold they all offered was really valuable.
Office Manager, BCG ConsultingI found the program extremely inspiring and well thought out, the content and external facilitators were engaging. Resilience, leadership and negotiation were extremely applicable to my role and dinner with the mentor was fantastic. Very intimate and inspiring. Project management and design thinking were not as applicable to me but still very interesting. Dinner with a mentor is just amazing, this was so intimate and meaningful and I left feeling very inspired.
Team Leader, HCF AustraliaI got so much out of completing the course. Personally & professionally. The Networking drinks were a great way to break the ice and meet some people prior to starting. I particularly enjoyed the Fireside Chat and listening to different opinions and stories. The Think Tanks were varied and some were more relevant to my role than others, however I took valuable feedback from every one that could still be implanted in my day to day.
Account Director, StarcomI feel like 3 weeks on I feel even more value from this course than I did the days after. I came away with so much information in my brain I had no idea how I would implement it. As all the leaders said "practice, practice, practice" and I have used so much already and am even working with HR on my learning for internal training.
Audit Manager, HILTII am really grateful that I got the opportunity to join this program. The most important take-away I have from this program is that I have a different way of evaluating myself, which in turns makes me more confident in who I am. It is also great to know that I am not alone in this journey and that I am sharing the same path with so many like minded young women out there.
News & Insights
Browse our latest articles, news and what’s trendingRead all articles