Your life today is essentially the sum of your habits.
Think about it:
- How in shape or out of shape you are? A result of your habits.
- How happy or unhappy you are? A result of your habits.
- How successful or unsuccessful you are? A result of your habits.
What you repeatedly do & think about ultimately forms the person you are, the things you believe, and the personality that you portray.
Whether you are like the majority of us who love a New Years resolution or if you want to begin a new habit at any point in the year, these are our Top 4 tips we recommend when wanting to make a habit stick.
- Get a Buddy – Find someone who will keep you accountable and keep you motivated if you feel like quitting.
- Use “But” – When you start to think negative thoughts, use the word “but” to interrupt it e.g “I’m no good at this, but, if I work at it I might get better later.” or, “I really can’t be bothered reading/going to the gym/making a salad today but I understand that short-term pain equals long-term gain & that future-me will thank me for it.”
- Really understand your believe your WHY – They say that if you find it difficult to stick to a habit, perhaps it’s not rooted to a cause that’s important enough to you. Do you want to read a book a week just because? Or do you want to read a book a week because personal growth is important to you?
- Write. It. Down– Writing makes your ideas more clear and focuses you on your end result. Stick in on your mirror, a cork board, fridge, or anywhere that you pass daily. Reinforcement has a tremendous impact on seeing a habit through.
Do you have New Year resolutions? We’d love to hear them! We’re back & can’t wait to hear from you again! You can get in touch via this link.
The Dream Collective Team
Start your week right with leadership hacks each Monday by signing up here.