Your life today is essentially the sum of your habits.
Think about it:
- How in shape or out of shape you are? A result of your habits.
- How happy or unhappy you are? A result of your habits.
- How successful or unsuccessful you are? A result of your habits.
What you repeatedly do & think about ultimately forms the person you are, the things you believe, and the personality that you portray.
Whether you are like the majority of us who love a New Years resolution or if you want to begin a new habit at any point in the year, these are our Top 4 tips we recommend when wanting to make a habit stick.
- Get a Buddy – Find someone who will keep you accountable and keep you motivated if you feel like quitting.
- Use “But” – When you start to think negative thoughts, use the word “but” to interrupt it e.g “I’m no good at this, but, if I work at it I might get better later.” or, “I really can’t be bothered reading/going to the gym/making a salad today but I understand that short-term pain equals long-term gain & that future-me will thank me for it.”
- Really understand your believe your WHY – They say that if you find it difficult to stick to a habit, perhaps it’s not rooted to a cause that’s important enough to you. Do you want to read a book a week just because? Or do you want to read a book a week because personal growth is important to you?
- Write. It. Down– Writing makes your ideas more clear and focuses you on your end result. Stick in on your mirror, a cork board, fridge, or anywhere that you pass daily. Reinforcement has a tremendous impact on seeing a habit through.
Do you have New Year resolutions? We’d love to hear them! We’re back & can’t wait to hear from you again! You can get in touch via this link.
The Dream Collective Team