The Alumni Live session we hosted on prioritising wellbeing in times of crisis was filled with incredible insights into how to intentionally manage both our personal and teams wellbeing. We were joined by emerging leader alumni from Google Australia and Pexa, who provided really actionable advice including:
- To lead teams effectively at this time, leaders need to first ensure they are taking care of themselves. It is important to create a schedule to prioritise wellbeing for yourself and then encourage your team to do the same.
- To best coach your team as they navigate these times, leaders need to not only be asking the right questions, but also provide ideas and solutions in response.
- In order to mitigate anxiety around workload or performance, leaders need to be open to resetting and adjusting expectations and also to ensure these are clearly communicated with employees.
- Leaders should embed empathy into their processes and communications to enable differing individual circumstances and challenges to be accounted for.
- As a leader, it is essential to have the courage to have difficult conversations that may be required.